Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2008

One Jam-Packed Day!

Today was so fun. First, we went to Bear World this morning. What's that you ask? Bear World is a zoo-like animal park where you drive your car on the little path and see all kinds of animals up close. You usually have to pay to get in but Bryce had to go for a class field trip so we got in free :) We saw a lot of the same animals we saw at Yellowstone last week but here we got closer and even got to feed them! As the name suggests, we saw also quite a few bears (and baby cubs!). Bryce was one excited boy. We also saw brand new baby deer that were born just this morning. It was way awesome.

Grizzly Bear

The baby goat trying to eat my shirt.

The prego deer.

Bear cub!



When we got back, Bryce and I played in the Students vs. Alumni Softball game that the college put on for Spirit Week. It was really fun and the students squeaked by winning 8-7 (yeah!).

Then we rested at home for a while and went to a Beatles Concert! No, not the real Beatles, but a tribute band. They were awesome! Apparently they're pretty famous and tour all over the world. They sounded just like the real thing and stayed in character the whole time! The football stadium was completely packed with people singing and dancing around to some good old music. We had an absolute blast. To finish the night, there was a beautiful fireworks display over the football stadium.




We are pooped but we sure had a fun day!

3 comments:

AnneMarie said...

I'm tired just reading about your awesome Sat! The kids have wanted to go to Bear World, it would be so fun to see those little cubs, is it in Idaho? I just remember it being somewhere near Yellowstone. The Beatles tribute band looks so fun, I'm jealous!

Sherrie said...

Wow! I had no idea you blogged. I was not ready to see the tribute to Chental. I had to grab a Kleenex quick. You are so sweet. I appreciate your deep love for my sweet, crazy, rediculous, fun loving, spiritual daughter.
And now for a change of subjects...Did the Beetles band play all the Beetles stuff or just the older songs from when they looked like the pix?
Looks like it was a lot of fun and an exhausting day. I love you. Sherrie

Ever + Kelsey said...

Looks like you guys had a fun day! I wish there was stuff like that to do around here!