Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Yellowstone National Park

Yesterday, we decided to go on an adventure. We drove a little over an hour north and spent the day playing in West Yellowstone. I had never been there, and I'll admit that I wasn't too stoked to get up early on a Saturday and go look at trees all day. Bryce had been there many times and was really excited to go so I complied. All I can say is it was AMAZING. Everything was so gorgeous! The sheer beauty of the park blew me away. Everything was so pristine and preserved. We saw alot of animals and gysers everywhere. There were also some crazy big waterfalls. There was still quite a bit of snow up there which was cool because we got to see all the green grass and all the snow in the mountains... so pretty. We saw ALOT of Bison and got super close to a few! Bryce was yelling at me because he thought I was too close. It was really interesting to see all the natural hot-spots of bubling mud and water. There was steam coming off of the hot spots that didn't exactly smell good, but sure looked cool. But the highlight of the day was probably seeing Old Faithful. I had no idea how cool it would be. We waited for about 20 minutes and thent it errupted! It was rad. The weather was kind of rainy all day but we still had a blast hanging out in nature!











It 's kind of hard to see Old Faithful in this video because it was over cast the and the water/steam blended in with the clouds... but here it is


4 comments:

AnneMarie said...

It looks like fun! I went for the first time 2 years ago and was also surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

Donovan and Tawny Holloway said...

Those are the perks of living in Idaho, nature is surrounding you which is way cool. Looks awesome Yellowstone is great.

Rebecca M said...

Cool pics! I love your jacket by the way :)

cari said...

Yellowstone is such a great place. I went there a couple times growing up with my family and can't wait to take my family someday. Looks like you guys had a great time.