Bryce and I thought we were doing pretty good. We've been in our ward for 8 month and haven't been asked to speak in Sacrament Meeting or been given callings, life is good. Then, the bishop asked if he could stop by on Tuesday night. We started to speculate. I thought Bryce was getting a calling and Bryce thought I was getting a calling. Well, as it turns out, I was the lucky winner. And the calling (drum roll please) ........ Relief Society Teacher. I'm kind of excited because the teachers we've had in the past are a little, well, boring. Hopefully I can do a good job, but I'm so used to teaching little kids that I don't know how I'm going to do with adult women. Not only that, but our relief society s HUGE. Like 80 sisters! And I'm one of only a few who doesn't have a baby ( I swear babies are the new must-have accessory up here) So if anyone has suggestions about what to do or what not to do, I would really appreciate it. :)
Saturday, May 3, 2008
New Calling
Bryce and I thought we were doing pretty good. We've been in our ward for 8 month and haven't been asked to speak in Sacrament Meeting or been given callings, life is good. Then, the bishop asked if he could stop by on Tuesday night. We started to speculate. I thought Bryce was getting a calling and Bryce thought I was getting a calling. Well, as it turns out, I was the lucky winner. And the calling (drum roll please) ........ Relief Society Teacher. I'm kind of excited because the teachers we've had in the past are a little, well, boring. Hopefully I can do a good job, but I'm so used to teaching little kids that I don't know how I'm going to do with adult women. Not only that, but our relief society s HUGE. Like 80 sisters! And I'm one of only a few who doesn't have a baby ( I swear babies are the new must-have accessory up here) So if anyone has suggestions about what to do or what not to do, I would really appreciate it. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
aww thats exciting. We just got callings too, primary subs! I think thats a made up calling....but we excepted it! Good luck with teaching!!
You have my very favorite calling (next to anything in Young Women)! How fun! You will be awesome! Have fun with it and tell Bryce to beware, his time is coming!:)
Lucky you! I am also a RS teacher, but luckily don't have THAT many sisters! Good luck...I always bring a visual to distract everyone from looking at me. It makes me feel less nervous! :) Have fun with it, I know you will do great!
You are going to be an amazing teacher! And dont let those girls with babies get ya down. Make a rule #1- Your kid cries, take him out or I will!
Post a Comment