Yesterday, I went with my little fourth-graders to their "Mountain-Man Rendezvous." It was actually pretty cool. All the fourth graders in the district came to one school and learned all about the mountain men that settled Idaho back in the day. They had a fur trapper-guy there, they panned for gold, square danced and had a great time. I ran one f the stations and I did story-telling and playing marbles (not the most exciting, but it was fun). It was a warm day and I was so happy the sun was out. It felt so nice. That is, until I came home and found this:
I'M A LOBSTER!!! Ouch!! I never even felt it! I got completely burned everywhere that was exposed; both arm, ears, and neck. I was so uncomfortable for the rest of the day. It hurt to take a shower. I haven't been this sunburned in a LONG time because I'm usually pretty good about sunscreen (gotta watch those moles and beauty marks) but this is just bad. The tan line (or burn line) is just hilarious
PS after yesterday's heat wave, it's raining today... go figure.
3 comments:
Oh, that's awful! I hate sunburns like that, and on your ears too? That's the worst! So sorry. Spring can kind of sneak up and do that, and I'm always like "Oh yeah, sunscreen, need it." Other than the burn it sounds like a fun day.
Kenz! THat sucks! How many more weeks until grad?
PS I'm so jealous.
Not too strange of weather. It was like in the high nineties for a few days here and then yesterday it hailed and there was a tornado like 1/2 hour north of us. Crazy!!!
Post a Comment