Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Back in the Swing of Things

That last few semesters I've played in BYUI's competitive soccer program. I didn't think I was going to have time this semester, but after a few weeks of class, I came to the conclusion that I NEEDED to play something in order to maintain my sanity. Although I LOVE soccer, I felt like I would rather try the softball program this summer. Well, I went to practice last week and the coach asked me what position I played. I told her that I could do anything but pitch. She said, "So you can catch?" I said yes. That was my first mistake. Apparently no one else on the team felt comfortable catching. So we had our first 2 games last and I played catcher for both. Needless to say I am feeling quite immobile today. Minus the pain, I really had a great time last night. The girls are so nice and really fun to play with. We won the first game but lost the second, but for only having one practice as a team I think we did great. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season!!!

And in stark contrast to my last post, yesterday it got in the high seventies. It was sooo nice... until I had to but all that catcher's gear on. :(

Now this is style.

In action

On first base (trying to look cool)

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Way to represent! You probably had a hard time not laughing when the coach asked if you could catch... I can still picture some of your amazing catches from last season. We are excited!

Meagan said...

You are SO ADORABLE!

poo on no soccer, but softball is SUPER fun too!

Marie said...

Aww how cute are you!! Hey tell your SIL (Steph) To make it so people can leave comments on her blog!! I havent talked to her in ages!! It would be fun to catch up. OO and im sure she would love to know what Grants been up to lately!! Anyway:) love the uniform:)

Trena said...

You are so cute and adorable! That seems like a lot of fun!