Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

Hip Hip Hooray!

Yes, I know it's been a few weeks, but I was staying with my mom while Bryce was gone and her Internet was down. So, This last weekend I was able to travel with the in-laws back up to Idaho to see Bryce graduate. It was a really fun trip and the graduation ceremony was awesome. I was pretty jealous that Pres. Uchtdorf spoke at Bryce's graduation, but I was just glad I got to hear his amazing talk. One of the cool things that they do at BYUI Graduation, is that the graduates file into the auditorium in two lines and right before they get to the building, they walk through a tunnel of professors applauding for them. It's really an awesome feeling. At the end of that tunnel, the president of the university and the commencement speaker stand at the entrance to the auditorium and you can shake the hand of which ever one is on your side. I got to shake Julie B. Beck's hand (general relief society pres.) and Bryce was SUPPOSED to shake Pres, Uchtdorf's Hand but he got star struck and froze! I laughed so hard when he told me this. We were also excited because out of the 11oo graduates, there were only 2 Economics Majors,and Bryce was one of them! It was pretty funny. Anyways I know you all just want to see the pictures, so here you go....

I can't believe our time in Rexburg is actually over. It was a quick 2 years and we will always
have fond memories of our days at BYUI.

And, for those of you who haven't heard, I cut my finger opening a can of tomatoes ( I thought those pop tops were supposed to be safer....? ) Apparently it was pretty deep because I had to get stitches. Just 3. But it was my first experience with stitches and it has NOT been pleasant. My finger has been really numb and itchy which indicates nerve damage... great huh? For all this fuss, I sure wish I had a more exciting story to tell! Sorry if you're squeamish, but trust me, the before pic is much worse.

Last but certainly not least, yesterday I was called to serve in the YW in the Los Al ward. I get to be an Assistant Beehive Advisor. I'm an assistant because there are 20 beehives in the ward. Crazy! I am actually really excited about this calling because I have such great memories of my own YW experience. The leaders I had were (and are) amazing examples to me. Each one of them blessed my life in countless ways and I only hope to return the favor to my girls. Plus I might get to go to Girls Camp!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! That is sooo funny about Bryce! Haha! We're having a good laugh about that over here.

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

ok.....

There was just WAY too much fun information in your blog I think we really need a phone chat over Christmas break!

Congrats to Bryce! (tear for you leaving....) But, we love you guys and you'll always be our #1!

and two....good luck in YW! I was called as the Mia Maid Teacher for the last 2 months of being here...and it's been interesting. Be glad you're with the Beehives. They are always so cute and excited for YW. Not the case for the Mia Maids. They scared me! But...we had fun regardless! My first lesson teaching was hard...no one talked. The next Sunday I unfortunately had to work so I had my Mom teach and I asked her how it went and she said, "Great! They wouldn't stop talking! I had a great time!" I was like, you taught my class right?? I was SHOCKED! So maybe I need a bit more experience with the youth before teaching those 14-15 yr olds again!

And sad finger! Don't feel embarassed for your cut...I sliced my finger trying to cut a bagel. I got 4 stitches. not fun!

Ok, long blog comment....but we LOVE you guys and Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnneMarie said...

I love the dress you wore to the graduation! So cute! So funny abt Bryce freezing! So, did he just walk on by? Hope your finger heals soon!

Rebecca M said...

Congrats to Bryce and Get Well Soon to you McKenzie!

Mrs. Douglas said...

YW oh my goodness I am so jealous!!!!! How friggen fun is that going to be for you!?! You are going to be the best leader ever, seriously!

Trena said...

Yay for being back! YW is so awesome! I love Jackie the YW president - we were cabin mom's at girls camp this last year and she rocks. I totally miss YW's. You are going to have a blast!

Shaylen said...

Congrats on graduating!! Sorry about your finger.

Katie said...

Congrats Bryce! Graduating is pretty much the best feeling in the universe. Is he all done with his apps?
Your YW call was inevitable. You are one of those special people that teens will love. And, you better go to girls camp because I am, and how fun would that be to be at camp together again?!?