The last week has been a whirlwind. Last Friday was my
LAST day of student teaching. That's right, the diploma is
IN the mail! As exciting as that is, leaving my class was one of the most
DIFFICULT things I have ever done. They are the best group of kids ever and I am so lucky to have been able to teach them for the past 3 months. They were so cute and decided to throw me a going away party. They knew that I was going home to Long Beach so they made it beach-themed. Some kids even gave me presents! I felt so special and so loved.


They even dressed up!
I also had some gifts to give the kids. I wanted to write each one of them a note, but I wanted it to be a little more special. So, I found these little wooden plaques at the craft store and decided to paint each student's name on the front with a different pattern or design, and then write a little message on the back. It was A LOT of work, but they loved them so it was worth it.

I just had to video tape their reactions :)
On Wednesday, we were lucky enough to go to the LA auto show with some of the youth from the ward. It's always fun to see all the sweet cars and sit it them!



Bryce was pretending to really be in the market for a new car while I was having fun with my camera's color features :)
After the auto show we ate yummy french dipped sandwiches at Pillipe's in LA...soooo good!
Yesterday we had an awesome thanksgiving with Bryce's family and family friends in Bakersfield. The food was so good and the company was even better! We were having so much fun that I forgot to take any pictures :( And we get to do thanksgiving again tonight with my family. Life is good.
Lastly, My wonderful cousin tagged me to post the 3rd pic from my 3rd picture folder. So here it is.....

How appropriate for the holiday season! (I promise I didn't cheat!) This was taken on the way home from school in Dec. of '06. I love Temple Square at Christmas time! Especially when it's snowing. Alright, I tag Steph, Amy W., Meagan, and Kendra.
6 comments:
Okay! Those kids are the cutest! I love all the "ohhhh"s in the video.
YAY im glad all the little kid-o's like their name things.
and im so jealous of the LA car show that is always sooo fun!
You are going to be the best teacher ever!!! How great that you would take all that time to show those kids how special they are. You're awesome McKenzie.
Wow, I haven't been by your blog in forever! Umm, so I kinda leaked your name out to help with girls camp.... :)
You're home! LEts hang out soon :)
Congrats on being done with school and getting to be back home!!! Does this mean I can mail your Christmas card to your parents house in LB?
Post a Comment