Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

There is something wrong in Idaho/Utah....

Dsclaimer: If you are from Idaho or Utah, please do not take the follwowing personally... :)

There is an epidemic sweeping the Mountain West. It's called Hair Over-Volumization and it is no laughing matter (actually, yes it is). Many innocent young girls are brainwashed into thinking that it's cool to put a huge bump at the back or you head. It is so "popular" now, that a company has actually manufactured a tool that when placed on the head, allows your hair to defy gravity and acheive it's height potential.


I have nothing against women who want a little volume in their doo, but I think this is a little extreme. I have affectionally called this style "Utah-Poof" but they're much more prevelant out here in Idaho (second only to the mullet). The creator of the "BUMP it" says she is from CA, but I think she may be a transplant... :)

6 comments:

Evan said...

Oh Mac, we know you invited the big volumization. You and CA are solely responsible for this epidemic.

Anonymous said...

Wow. This is amazing. I mean, it's so true! In fact, it's almost worse knowing that girls spend like 3 hours in front of the mirror every morning to put their hair up that high. It kind of makes me sick.

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

I loved this. You have no idea how many times I was in class...looking at some girls hair in wonder and amazement. That BUMP is nast and I HATE IT. ew. Thanks for posting. It made me laugh!

Cody said...

Ohhh so true! And "perfect hair" too!!!

Shaylen said...

Oh my gosh, so they have made alien shaped head making easy! yeah I agree I think there is a problem. I just don't understand what is so cool about making yourself look like an odd cling-on (sp) or something. I understand the idea of wanting maybe a lil lift, but some girls get a little bit too excited. Maybe some day they will look at themselves and say what the heck am I doing. lol. I guess this is coming from a girl that throws hers in a pony tail and runs to class. ah the life of a college student.

Classic Jones said...

Dude, after spending this past weekend in utah, I definetly have to agree that there is an epidemic