At work we're getting all geared up for our summer programs. As most of you know, I'm involved with the summer day camp and teen camp. For advertising this year, we discussed making a postcard to mail out to former campers and patrons of the recreation department. So I've come up with a few designs to sell our camps.
Here's where I need your help: PLEASE vote for your favorite. Now, I want you to think as if you were a parent with a camp-age child, recieving this in the mail. Pick the card that would give you the best impression of our camp and maybe motivate you to get more information. These are examples of the front of the card. I used pictures of places we're going this summer to catch interest. The back will have all the pertinant information and pricing. ANY suggestions are welcome (color, design wording...anything!) Thanks guys!
Here's where I need your help: PLEASE vote for your favorite. Now, I want you to think as if you were a parent with a camp-age child, recieving this in the mail. Pick the card that would give you the best impression of our camp and maybe motivate you to get more information. These are examples of the front of the card. I used pictures of places we're going this summer to catch interest. The back will have all the pertinant information and pricing. ANY suggestions are welcome (color, design wording...anything!) Thanks guys!
#1
#2
#3

13 comments:
Sounds like you've got a FUN summer program planned!! I like #3 best!
its easier for me to choose what i don't like-- but i don't care for number 2 too rigid
I like #3!
Ok, my comment is probably going to be super long and detailed...I like the first one the best! It is simpler than the others since it only has a few places on it (and they are really cool places). The other two started looking a little too much like all the pictures might be sponsors or something instead of places the kids get to go. Probably just cuz there are so many little pictures on them. But #1 has a great look to it with the palm tree and the waves. I love the open space at the top with the words. I also like that it's really clear what the card is for since you have the bold black writing. It would definitely catch my eye the best out of all three and it just looks really happy. Ok i'm done!
I love the slogan, "What are you doing this summer?" It's very catchy. I really like #3, but I also like the graphics of #1. Maybe you could add the slogan from #3 to the pictures of #1 for another option and send out 2 post cards!
I like the beachy stuff on #1 and on #3 I like the wording and collage type pics. But I think it might be too many pics so I think I like #1 the best!
If I thought they were three different camps at the same price I would pick the last one because it LOOKS like the most bang for my buck (which compliments our economic situation nicely). More is advertised on #3 and the layout looks slightly chaotic, which gives me the feeling that my kid will be kept busy all summer.
#1 is definitely the most clear as to what it's for... when flipping through mail, people literally look at stuff for not even a full second sometimes, so they need to have the main point catch their eye. Another thing is that people naturally scan things in an S. Starting at the top right, moving left, etc., so with the first one, the text is in a good position. (Can you tell I worked for an advertising mailing company?) HOWEVER, I do like the catch phrase on the 3rd one... So if you like that one best, maybe rework it, take off a few pictures, and make the "Los Alamitos Day Camp..." more visible.
#3
#1. I agree with everything Kara said. I like that you immediately know what it's about. The 3rd one is nice, but it would end up in my garbage if I was just glancing through the junk mail. I definately don't like #2.
I vote for #3. You're very creative.
I vote #3 :) It makes me want to join the camp!
My fav. is # 3 the slogan really catches my attention and the pictures show how fun and enjoyable a summer my (pretend) kid could have :)
Post a Comment