Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Awesome Birthday!

I had such a great 22nd birthday! It was so nice to get phone calls, facebook messages, and texts from friends and family. I felt so special! I started the day by going on a run around the neighborhood. Lately it's been cold in Rexburg, but today was absolutely gorgeous and perfect for running. Then Bryce and I did some work around the house and ran a few errands. In the afternoon we carved pumpkins with Steph and George (what would we do with out these guys? LOVE them). It had been a couple of years since I last carved a pumpkin and it was SO fun!
Working hard...
George went for the old school, freehand design, the rest of us used the stencils...

Bryce's flaming skull and my witch.

Then Jeff and Hannah joined the party and met up with us for dinner. (Jeff and Bryce were roomates). We ate yummy Texas Roadhouse and had so much fun just hanging out and talking. We also learned that Jeff and Hannah are having a baby! It's due end of May and we coudn't be happier for them! They're so cute!

Party animals

After dinner, we all went to Dr. Slaughter's, a haunted maze that supports the DARE program. we had to wait a LONG time but when you're waiting with fun people, the time passes quickly :). We all had fun getting scared and screaming through the maze. It was some goold ol' Halloween fun... gotta love it.

Waiting to get scared!

All in all it was a fun filled birthday. Another year older. Time is really flying, but I'm enjoying every moment of it. Thanks again to everyone for their warm wishes!

6 comments:

AnneMarie said...

I'm glad you had a good b-day! Your pumpkins are awesome! I can never get those dang stencils to work, so we're old school around here.

Steph said...

I'm lovin the pumpkin with the lights in them! Very nice!

What are we going to do with out you when you leave?

Sherri Araiza said...

Happy Birthday! I tried to leave you a message on facebook but my computer was acting up, so sorry this is late! But I was thinking about you! :) Glad you had a fun day.

Trena said...

Happy Birthday! What a fun day - except I would skip the whole running thing... :) Your pumpkin looked amazing!

Cody said...

Happy Birthday! 22--what an aWeSomE # to be . . . It's my favorite #!! Glad you had such a fun day! I'd love to see you guys some time before you move out of Idaho....

Shaylen said...

I saw your pumpkins the other night on the cement wall. They looked really cool! Great job! :~)