Pages

Monday, September 1, 2008

We TOTALLY Forgot!!!

As the tradition goes, when you get married you save the top of the wedding cake and eat it on your 1st anniversary. Well, we ate the top of our cake the next day (and it already tasted a little funny). Anyways, we scrapped that tradition and made our own.....For our rehearsal dinner (or as we liked to call it, the pre-party) Bryce's parents surprised us by ordering bottles of Jones Soda with our picture on the label. It was SO cool! I didn't even know you could do that! Anyway, when the cake idea went south, we decided that we would save two bottles of soda and drink those on our 1 year. You may think that sounds gross, but we couldn't see much going wrong with sugar and carbonated water. HOWEVER, after going to dinner, and then going to the movies, and getting home late, we FORGOT all about drinking the sodas! Not only that, but we forgot for an entire week afterwards! So when I opened the refrigerator this evening to get a snack I found them and started squealing. So tonight we enjoyed our soda for our 1 year (and 1 week) anniversary and they were GREAT! No funny tastes or smells and no stomach aches... hahaha.

That's us frolicking on the beach!


3 comments:

AnneMarie said...

So cute! Happy 1 year and 1 week Anniversary to you two!

Sherrie said...

I love your ability to adapt to the situation. You are so cute. The pic on the bottle was an incredible idea.
Love it! Sherrie

Shaylen said...

Sweet! I had forgotten about that! I am glad that you didn't get sick! hahah, but true about the sugar and carbonated water! lol. Did you save the bottles afterward?