Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Student Teaching!

I just realized that I have been student teaching for 5 weeks now and I have yet to blog about it. So here goes..... I am teaching 4th Grade and I LOVE it! My kids are seriously so awesome. They're all really smart and such charmers! It's so hard to get mad at them. The teacher I'm working with keeps telling me that I'm not getting good experience because a class this well-behaved is unheard of.... Oh well, I'm enjoying it for now :). The teaching aspect is going really well too. I feel really comfortable infront of the class and them seem to 'get' what I'm trying to teach them. So it's been a great experience thus far (besides the millions of lesson plans I've written and have yet to write...those are kind of a pain). I'm amost halfway done and can't believe how fast the time is flying!

P.S. For those who were wondering, I did the header on Scrapblog.com..... It's rad

7 comments:

AnneMarie said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your class. Ross had a student teacher for 4th grade and the poor girl got all the difficult kids in that one class! I felt so badly for her.

Huss Family said...

Oh how fun would it be to have you as a teacher! You need to move down here so you can be one of Natty's teachers. I think you two would get along so well.

PS-I did the scrapblog thing after reading your post and now I am addicted as well:)

Anne said...

I can't wait to get started doing the scrapblogging! SO CUTE!
~ Anne

Anne said...

Dude, Student teaching!! What fun!! It gets even better when you have your own class and no master teacher to boss you around. All the advice I have is "Clear Expectations". That is the buzz word we are using at our school. When they understand what you want them to do it is so much easier. But, Rock on with teaching! IT even gets way better than how you have it there. I currently have my kids scared to death of me. Of course when you are in south central you've got to be a big meany. Matt Jones

Trena said...

My mom is teaching 4th grade this year and she loves it too! Congrats to you! I can't believe you are done with college and student teaching!

Sherri Araiza said...

I just know you are a wonderful teacher and I'm sure all of the kids just love you to pieces!

Shaylen said...

sweet thanks for the website. I have been trying to figure out a cool top for my blog for months now. :( Thanks again!