Pages

Friday, September 5, 2008

The Fair and POISON

Last night was the night. We ventured to the Eastern Idaho State Fair and caught the Poison concert. I noticed a couple of differences between this fair and the OC Fair.... #1. There were REAL cowboys there. #2 There were REAL Mulletts there, and a lot of them too! It was great. We overindulged ourselves in fair cuisine but felt no shame...it was delicious! We walked around, looking at all the vendors selling useless merchandise and noticing that although we were still in Idaho, we had definitely left the Rexburg "bubble." Entertainment abounded. Check it...

This is a Tiger Ear (fried dough with cinnamon sugar)


George and Steph enjoying cheesecake on a stick


Bryce... the urban cowboy and his foot-long corn dog



George snapping pics of the mullets

One of the mullets

I was a happy girl when I got my kettle korn

Bryce making a political statement


And that brings us to the concert. Poison. One of the great glam rock bands of the 1980s. Not that I was old enough to remember but I WAS alive when they were big, so there's my justification. Besides their well-known Karaoke ballads, Bryce and I have found a new respect for this band (and specifically Brett Michaels) through the Rock of Love show on VH1. The show is absolute trash and comedy and we were/are fans (call it a weakness). Anyway, the concert was awesome! It was a great show and we all had a lot of fun. This was my first rock concert and all I can say is Poison rocks.


Bryce really got into it


4 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

NO WAYYYYYYYYYYY Poison that's awesome. We miss you. Ryan was in an 80's cover band and he played Poison covers. Love that.

Evan said...

Bryce 2 comments for you: 1. Will you wear that cowboy hat during our softball games this season and 2. I share identical political views as you. Excited to see you two on the diamond soon!

Trena said...

I love the fair! I really only go for the food. And I always take home kettle corn with me too! Yummy!

Sherri Araiza said...

Yay for fair food! At first glance of your post I thought you were going to say you had food poisoning from the fair. Glad that wasn't the case. When are you coming to Ca again? Oct.?