It's been a couple of weeks, but this is why I haven't had much time....If you don't already know, I've worked at Los Alamitos Day Camp for the past 5 Summers.... and I LOVE it! I was lucky enough to be able to come back for the 4 weeks I was home and it was a blast. I spent all day with about 60 kids who are 5 to 12 year-olds and played. It's hard, tiring work but but it really is alot of fun. Every week we got to the beach, the pool and on a special field trip (like Knotts, the fair, Boomers...). Last week, we spent Thursday at the Fountain Valley Skating Center. We skated for about 3 1/2 hours so everyone's feet were pretty sore afterwards but it was still a good time. Since this was my last week for the summer, I took some pictures...
Crazy Girls
Crazy GirlsJared helping one of our little ones...
Sam, one of my favs
The kids sure loved skating. They also loved the music they played durring the skate session... Check out this video...
One of our famous day camp activities happens to be eating contests. I know it sounds gross, but the kids LOVE it. This past week we did a series of eating contests including the twinke eating contest which is just classic


6 comments:
Sounds like fun Mac, I hope I can find a job I love that much when I graduate. Hope you 2 have found time to hit the batting cages. Because I am serious when I say, this is the time!!!
That looks like a lot of fun! That's great that you will be moving back to Cali at the end of the year. Good luck with everything!
You are such a natural teacher- you are going to do great with student teaching, I'm so excited for you!! But, I'm even more excited for you guys to be back here in Dec!
I'm glad you had fun even though it turned out to be so short. How's school going?
I am working right now and wishing my job was as cool as yours. we need to hang out!
You lucky! And you got to play with Jared 5 days a week, too. How fun. Can't wait 'till Dec. I miss you two. Love, Sherrie
Post a Comment