So this is how lat weekend went:
---> The family came in on Thursday evening and made the drive from SLC all in one piece and without killing each other (that's a plus). They had just enough time to settle in their hotel and then we were off for dinner at Big Judd's (this is an awesome burger place in the middle of nowhere where they serve a 1 LB burger) We had a great time visiting and eating and my family got a good feel for what Idaho has to offer :). My nephew, Mitch actually finished the 1 LB Burger.... WOW!!!and We couldn't help but laugh when Kennedy ordered a salad and asked if they had any vinegerette... needless to say the waitress was a little confused.





----> On Friday morning, Bryce had class so I went and picked everyone up and took them out to the country to see Mesa Falls in Targhee National Forrest. It is a huge water fall in the middle of the forrest and it's absolutely gorgeous. My family loved it! We took lots of pictures and just enjoyed the surroundings. Afterwards, we headed back to Rexburg and got lunch. Then we went on a tour of campus before going back and getting cleaned up for graduation.








----> Then it was time for the ceremony! My Mom, Dad, and Kennedy, were in the auditorium to hear the comemncemnt speaker (Julie B. Beck) and the rest of the family was watching it on braodcast (I only had 3 tickets). After Sister Beck spoke, we made our way over to the Taylor Chapel (where everyone else was waiting) for Convocation. So heard my name announced and got to see me walk across the stage and get my empty diploma holder from Brother Eyring (Henry J., Henry B's Son). Then we took some pictures and went back to the apartment for some pizza.



I really had a great time with my family and was so happy to have them there to see me complete this phase of my life. It made me realize just how much I really do love them. It was a great weekend, one not to be forgotten.
The only drawbacks from the weekend were 1) the names of about 75% of the people in my major (El Ed) were missing from the program (including mine) and 2) Sister Beck gave a great talk...if she had been talking to an EFY group. She spoke about the For Strength of Youth pamphlet. Huh? I thought there would be a little bit more about the education we gained while at BYU-I and going out in the world and making a difference, but not so much... it was just kinda weird.
----> On Saturday, we packed up and drove down to CA and I went back to work at the Day Camp on Tuesday. It is soooo great to be back! I love those kids, and the people I work with. So now, we're chillin in CA for the next month until I start My student teaching... I'm so excited!!!
[And a big THANK YOU to all the "Congrats" messages on my last post, you all are wonderful!]
4 comments:
It looks like a great time! Be proud of yourself.
ConGRADulations! I am so exited for you. What an accomplishment!
ps-I might have to take you up on the babysitting thing:)
Wahoo! It's so great to have you in town for a little while! It looks like you and your family had a great time together.
Congratulations and Way to Go! It looks like you had an awesome time with your family. I enjoyed seeing pictures of your family again. It sounds like you're back in Long Beach enjoying a California summer. Have fun and hopefully we can meet up when you are back in Idaho in the fall.
Post a Comment