Pages

Friday, April 25, 2008

You really wanna know?

So I tagged to write 100 facts about myself (by the beautiful Sherri :) and I'm pretty sure I'll have a hard time getting to 100, so I'm going to shoot for 50....Here we go...

1. I was born 2 weeks early b/c The doctor was going on vacation.
2. I'm Friends with the daughter of the Doc. Who delivered me (Erin Lam)
3. I found her at the ElDorado singles ward.
4. I hate Mustard
5. Chocolate is my best friend, and my foe.
6. I was an extra in the movie space jam.
7. The movie "The Freedom Writers" was about my high school.
8. I was in Drama all 4 years in HS
9. I was one of 3 mormon kids in my class.
10. I Love "The Breakfast Club."
11. My paternal Grandfather was in the Mafia
12. I never met him. The Gandfather I did know was an Awesome Greek Man (hence Matsagas).
13. This makes doing geneology a little tricky.
14. When I was little, all my friends had pink Barbie bikes... I had a bright green Power Wheels ATV
15. It was awesome
16. I've played Softball for 13 years
17. I was Proposed to on a softball field
18. My ring was thrown (or pitched) at me.
19. I can't walk on those sewer grates in the sidewalk... It freaks me out.
20. I'm Half Sicilian
21. So is Rachael Ray
22. That's why we look alike:)
23. My other half is some Euro-Trash. Which is a mix of English, Danish, and a little Scottish (Thanks Anne Marie :))
24. At 5'3'' and 3/4'', I am the tallest female in my family.
25. I won by default b/c my oldest sister is paralyzed and in a wheelchair.
26. Otherwise she would be 5'8''
27. I could live on potatoes and icecream
28. I love to cook
29. I didn't have any family members at my sealing.
30 My friends ARE family.
31. I'm a convert.
32. I had sister missionaries and wanted to go on a mission.
33. Something else came up :)
34. I call my mom everyday
35. My parents are by far my biggest fans.
36. My mom came to every play I was ever in and always sat in the front row.
37. I dyed the tips of my hair purple once.
38. My parents are old.
39. I love to run.
40. When I was little I was really scared of Alf
41. He gave me nightmares
42. Then Kennedy would tease me.
43.Then I would punch Kennedy.
44. Then I would get in trouble.
45. Now that I have lived in the snow, I've lost my childhood love of it.
46. My grandma's maiden name is Tomotio
47. I hate that McKenzie is a popular name for little girls now.
48. I would rather be hot than cold any day.
49. I buy a new pair of Converse all-stars before each new school year.
50. Without facebook, I probably not be in touch with some of my favorite people.

Ok so some of those weren'y really "facts" but, hopefully someone found that interesting.

6 comments:

AnneMarie said...

I'm curious about the "euro-trash"?

cari said...

You know Erin Lam? Bishop Lam (Dr. Lam) was the bishop of the ward we were in before 10th ward...now he is the stake president there. Awesome family. Oh, and now I know that I should never mess with you, I mean with your mafia ties and all. =)

AnneMarie said...

You're funny! So "euro-trash" = english, danish, & (just a pinch of) scottish.

Meagan said...

I loved this!
Kennedy teased me, then I punched her, and I got in trouble.
YEP that was my life too. Except I was the one getting punched! And oh my goodness you do look like Rachel Ray. Good thing you dont sound like her because her voice killllllls me. But I love you. Good 50 facts. I learned new things about you!

Whitney said...

I want to hear more about your proposal... did Prison Break inspire that any?

Sherri Araiza said...

Thanks McKenzie! It was fun reading more about you...I never did hear the entire proposal story. It sounds very cute. :)