
So I've been working at Albertsons and things have been good (aside from the fact that all my co-workers are in high school and one of my supervisors though I was 15!). When I first got the job, I didn't give up looking for an on-campus job even though my efforts had been unsuccessful in the past. So you can imagine my surprise when I got a call earlier this week to come in for an interview in the University Relations Department on campus. I scheduled the interview and when Wednesday rolled around, I got all professional-looking and headed to the interview. Let me tell you, this was the most intense interview I had encountered. I was there for over an hour answers questions from several employees, taking a skills test, and practicing answering the phones. I was impressed to see how much detail the department went into when picking their employees, but was kind of nervous as to how I did. They even called my references, one being my Mother-in-law Christy who made me look really good (thanks Christy!) as well as my supervisors at the Los Al Rec. Department. Before I left, the main lady conducting the interview pulled me into the office and said she wanted to hire me. I was so happy! I couldn't believe it! I'm really excited to work there because the hours and everything are perfect AND I'll actually be having an impact on the growth of the university. It's a wonderful blessing. The only hard part was "breaking -up" with Abertsons. I felt really bad that I had to leave them after such a short time, but it's in our best interest.... Good times!
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Working Girl Part 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
7 comments:
Geeez I don't think I have had THAT intense of an interview in a while. Raising the bar at BYU-I!!
Good for you!
Congrats on the new job.
It sounds like you have a job that's more up your alley...congratulations!
I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe albersons will save your spot for when I come :-) Love you!
Very exciting, it is such a great feeling when you go up to get something and you nail it. Good job!
Yay!! Congrats! A real grown-up-girl job! See you at the wedding!
Post a Comment