Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Humanities 101...Gotta Love it

Since graduation is coming up, I'm taking a few 100 level classes that I never got around to. One is Humanities 101. I LOVE this class. I'm pretty sure if I had taken this class as a freshman, I probably would have made it my major. It's all albout art, mustic, photography, history,litrature, all those great things that make a culture what it is... so great! Anyway, We had a photography assignment this week. Now, I'll be the first to admit that I'm a novice photographer, but it sure was fun. We had to do a portrait, a motion photo, a product shot, a landscape (which I learned is just a picture of anything), and a theme shot (the theme he gave us was "egg"). Tell me what you think :)

Motion (the object had to be blurry while everything else was still)

" Egg " Theme

Landscape (my shameless attempt at kissing up)

Portrait (kind of Emo huh?)

And Product (no, I don't really buy spam (not that there's anything wrong with that)... this is actually a coin bank)



5 comments:

AnneMarie said...

Your photos are awesome! I took Humanities 101 along with what seemed like 99% of my freshman class at BYU and a TON of people made it their major, those that I stayed in touch with couldn't figue out a real life application for it and had to do more school to come out with something marketable. Be happy you're taking it now and enjoy!

Marie said...

those are pretty cool!! I like the motion one and the sucking up one is pretty cool too!!! I cant believe that you are almost graduating. Seems like yesterday we were in Mr. Bowdens class!!

Kristen said...

So good to hear from you! I loved catching up with you via blog. And what's a California girl doing in Rexberg? I hope you don't freeze to death ;-). Glad to see you have a cool husband to keep you warm.

Meagan said...

Love love love the pics.
and that spam container is in your kitchen....i remember seeing it.
and that emo pic is SUPEr adorable. and the motion one is SO cool. you're talented. Don't change your major though. haha

Livi said...

OH how I miss my Humanities classes days!!!!!!!!