Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Science and Snow

Can I just say that Idaho weather is rediculous!!! It has been snowing NON-Stop and we got a whole foot just last night! And the thing that kills me is that everyone around here lives on a farm and is just so thankful for the moisture. They PRAY for snow! Needless to say I was feeling the culture shock. So... this morning I was particularly warm and snuggley in my bed and the thought of going outside in the cold and digging my car out of the snow was not really appealing so I decided to sleep through my first class. Bryce immediately proceeded to give me crap for missing class. So I drug my tired body out of bed and started getting ready. When I walked outside, I thought I was going to have to swim to campus, the snow was that deep! So I made it to my 1st class (Humanities- awesome class, just not early in the morning.) and my teacher was so excited about the snow, he was giddy (it was funny). Well, I guess he couldn't contain himself because he cancelled class and told us to go take pictures because it was so beautiful outside...... WHAT??!!! Who does that? Don't get me wrong, I love taking pictures, but I could have slept in! I was rather upset. Anyway this evening, I got to volunteer at the Elementary School's Science Night. Each classroom was set up for a different experiment and the kids ran around and got to participate in all of them. It was really fun to see the kids get so excited. My experiment was "Harry Potter Potion" which was really putting water and denture-cleaning tablets in a plastic bag and watching it turn green, fizzy, and inflate the bag with CO2... but the kids thought it was great, and that's all that matters. I loved it, I can't wait to have my own class.
SCIENCE.... Isn't it about time?

Bryce's truck this morning

Science Rocks!

3 comments:

Livi said...

You guys have a blog??? Yeah! I love the blogger world. I'm adding you stat. You guys rock.

Katie said...

There is no way in H E double hockey sticks that I would step foot outside in that weather. It looks like my worst nightmare... I'm feel'n for ya kid!

Gloria said...

Hi, hope you don't mind that I found your blog, I just wanted to say that your picture of the snow is insane, it's snowed more this winter in Utah then it has my last 4 years combined...yuck! I don't know you two survive Idaho..anyway hope all is well!