Today we finally had our beautiful Temple dedicted. It was awesome because it was President Monson's first act as Prophet of the church. Elders Bednar and Nelson were there also. Pres. Monson was sooo funny! He was making jokes and smiling the whole time, while still appreciating the impoprtance of the event. When they sealed in the corner stone he called up a few children to participate, it was really cute. It was really nice to see how excited the members of the community were because they have been waiting for this temple for so long. Anyways, it was a great Sunday... until it was time to leave and it took us 40 min. to get out of the parking lot... jeez.
This morning when we woke up Rexburg was covered in a thick fog. When we came out of the deication, the sun was shining brighter than it has in weeks and it was atually WARM! The Lord was smiling down on Rexburg today :)
Waiting in the Parking Lot
7 comments:
How much fun to be able to see President Monson's first Temple dedication. I can't get over all that snow. I don't know how you do it. But that is a beautiful view of the temple!
How exciting:) I havent been to a temple dedication EVER...... Must have been neat to see president monson! Poopie on the snow, all we get is rain here. Maybe i will go outside and see how deep the rain is:)
Your blog is so cute! I suck at keeping mine up to date. Maybe someday. I still like to look at everyone's.
I miss you!! Come to AZ its warm!
You guys look so cute, I dont know how you do anything in the snow, I would die, I am cold here in AZ! We have a fire pit in the back yard and the kids and I love making Smores, Come on over and this time you do not have to sneak to get one!! hahaha
Michelle
Isn't President Monson awesome? We got to see him about a month ago in Vista, just before President Hinckley passed away, and he is just so animated! I bet the dedication was beautiful!! It almost makes me want to be in Rexburg again...almost.
I'm jealous! I wanted to go :)
I am cracking up right now with the music on your blog. Mmm Bop and the full house theme. That is too funny!
Post a Comment