Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Oh yes I can !

When we came home from Provo last weekend, our friend Meghan sent us off with a wonderful loaf of home-made bread. It was so delicious and I'm sorry to say that Bryce and I finished off the whole thing just on the way home. It go me thinking.... "why don't I make bread?" To which Bryce said, "You can't. You don't have one of those cool bread makers like Meghan." So being my competitive self, I took this as a challenge. Yesterday, I went the store and got everything I needed. I found a recipe in a recipe book entitled "The Essential Mormon Cookbook" ---No Joke. Needless to say I was nervous. I thought I would end up with two hockey pucks at best. BUT, I followed the directions to a T and low and behold, I was victorious! In your face Bryce!! I feel that I have now earned my title as a domestic Mormon housewife. Mind you, this home-made bread thing will not become a regular occurrence... It was a lot of work!!

...and the critic approves!



8 comments:

Huss Family said...

Wow you are so domestic:) I have to say that I have never attempted to make my own before although I really do enjoy eating others homemade bread. Yummy!

Rebecca M said...

Good job, it looks really good!

Kevin and Melissa said...

My little girl is all grown up!

Marie said...

I am so proud of you all housewifey!!! I think a tear is coming to my eye!! I love making bread and homemade stuff!! Its something that you have to do alot before it starts to get fun i guess:) Anyway you so deserve a high five bread making is not easy!!!

Katie said...

I'm impressed, I've been married for almost 7 years and haven't ever made a loaf of bread! you go you little mormon-house-wife- you!

cari said...

I made bread this week and it turned out good but...but it didn't look as good as yours! I'm totally impressed.

Jeffrey, Meri, and Thomas said...

Looks yummy...I too, have never made a fresh loaf of bread! We enjoyed the pics of you guys @ the game...how fun...enjoy yourselves! Happy Birthday Bryce!

Lauren said...

Dude, that is freaky. I have a picture of me holding a cookie sheet with two loaves of bread when we lived in Long Beach. Your bread looks a lot better. :)