Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

*Dilemma*

I need some advice fellow bloggers... I am graduating in 3 weeks, and about a week ago the thought crossed my mind... am I supposed to send out graduation announcements? I never did it for High School, but I guess you're supposed to do it for college... (?). I'm not sure what to do because I looked into ordering them through the school but they were pretty expensive. Then I tried a few ways of making my own and they just looked ghetto. So is it a tradition that's worth the cost? who do I send them to anyways? The other thing is... I'm afraid that if I send announcements, the people who get them are going to feel obligated to get me something for graduating and I don't want that (especially since most of the people getting them just got me something for my wedding).

To send or not to send? That is the question!!!

P.S. Now you know, if you DO get an announcement from me... please don't send me anything! Your love and support is all I could ever need!!!

3 comments:

AnneMarie said...

Eva has thought about this and does not know what you should do:) Sorry, neither do I. For myself I know I would pass on them, but it is a huge accomplishment and all the people who love you would probably enjoy getting one. Also, you might need tangible proof that Bryce lived up to his agreement with your Dad!:)

Sherrie said...

Send them to everyone. People will feel hurt if they didn't receive one. You can make quality ones on your own computer. I did this for Pam and Chental. They turned out to be personalized and a little less formal, which they both liked.

Or you could go to a professional printer, which costs a little more than doing your own but about a quarter the cost of ordering the ones from the school. You could put in a comment at the bottom about no gifts, if you insist, but people will only send them if they think it is appropriate.

Also, your wedding was over 10 months ago. That's long enough. Congratulations on your upcoming graduation! I better get an announcement or I may feel hurt.

I love you, Sherrie

AnneMarie said...

We got your announcement yesterday! That is the cutest picture ever! I love the ruffly, white blouse and the pearls, so sweet! congrats! Love you:)