Pages

Monday, January 21, 2008

Snow Day

So, we had today off from school for Human Rights Day (right on) so we had a day of fun... kinda. Well it was a gorgeous day becaus it snowed all day and all night yesterday and then the sun was shining today. I will admit that I slept in a little...ok, a lot.... but as soon as I was up, there was only one thing on my mind... SLEDDING. So we went on a mission to find a plastic disk sled (nothing special). You would think that in a snowy town like Rexburg, this item would be in ample supply...not the case. We went to Wal-mart, K-mart, Walgreens and eerywhere along the way--- No Sled. I was heart broken. We decided instead to go up to the new Rexburg Temple an take pics because it was such a clear day. The Temple is sooo rad! We went through the open house a few weeks ago and it's just beautiful. We're excited because we get to go to the dedication on Feb 3rd (supper bowl sunday...hahaha) and after tht we will have a temple to go to that is LITERALLY up the street from our house!


Pretty Temple
If you stand with you back to the Temple, this is what you see....NOTHING!
Goober

... and freezing



It was a clear day..

The Temple is Located on "The Hill" in Rexburg, across the street from where all the really nice homes are. We took a tour of the hood and this is what the houses looked like. The only reason I would be willing to live in Rexburg permenantly is if my house looked like this. :)

2 comments:

cari said...

I had no idea that there is a temple up there now--where have I been? I went to Ricks when I first graduated from High School and only lasted a semester. I was too homesick so I came home and went to CSULB. Looks like you've enjoyed it and it seems to have treated you nicely.

Katie said...

That pic of the temple from far away and you can see all the snow all around is breath-taking! How awesome to have a temple so close. I feel bad for complaining about or 55 degree weather... I've had the heater on all day thinking that it's freezing!