Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Sun Came Out!!!

It's been a week and a half since we left our beloved So. Cal. and today was the FIRST day that the sun broke through the clouds and shone in all it's glory. It was still only about 25 degrees all day, so you couldn't really feel the sun, but you knew it was there! This is definitely one of the things I take for granted when I'm home. So for all the friends back home... soak up some sun for us, because we're not sure when we'll see it again!!! :(

On a more random note... you know when you're driving to Utah and in between LA and Vegas you see all these signs for the "Mad Greek Cafe" ? Well, I've always been curious because I LOVE greek food and my Dad's family is Greek. After countless road trips where I was denied a visit to the landmark, they did a feature of the restaurant on the food network. This was while Bryce and I were engaged and he was in Idaho while I was in California and we just so happened to see the same program. Bryce called me that night an said, "Hey, we should stop at that Greek place on the way to Idaho." and all I could say was "Thank you!" So we went and it was awesome!! I recomend stopping in the one-horse town of Baker, CA (you know, the world's biggest thermometer) and getting a Gyro (say it right, it's EE-RO). The restaurant decorations are a hoot too!



2 comments:

Trena said...

Hey McKenzie - it's Trena. Totally off the subject but... Aaron's Mom said that she had this fabulous dip at your house for the Naples Christmas lights one time, that was a cheese dip with chili in it? Do you have the recipe? I was thinking that would make a great SuperBowl food!
Anyway, Katie and Skip totally ate at the Mad Greek last month when they went to Las Vegas. They said it rocked! Oh - you can email me at trenaschulze@gmail.com Thank you!!

Katie said...

Hey! We went there on our last trip to Vegas in Dec! Did you try the deep fried mushrooms? They give you a nice little juicy surprise when you bite into them...we saw them on our favorite show on food network- "diners, drive-ins and dives" have you seen it? you would love this show!