Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Stop. Breathe. Blog.

In my eternal attempt to become a better blogger, I find myself again playing catch-up. So here's the latest...

We moved! (up the street, but still!) We now live in a townhouse with my Mom. We are really enjoying the new place and the three of us are getting along really well (My mom loves Bryce more than me, but I'm OK with that)..... For those of you who are wondering, my Mom is doing very well. We feel very fortunate to be here with her and support her as her health continues to improve. She's an amazing lady and we LOVE her to pieces! For those of you who didn't hear, I quit my job with the CHP. Long story short, It was NOT a positive work environment and my co-workers were less than supportive towards each other. I was bummed that it wasn't what I expected but the experience made me realize how much I LOVE teaching and that sticking-it-out as a substitute for now is in my best interest.

That being said....A week after I quit, I was offered a long-term substitute assignment (good timing huh?). So for the past 6 weeks I have been teaching Adaptive P.E. at 7 different schools and I LOVE IT! Teaching special ed has been an amazing experience with countless rewards. I seriously love my students so much :)

A few weeks ago I got to go with the Youth to do Baptisms for the Dead at the L.A. Temple. It was a wonderful Saturday! We had forty some-odd youth and we even went early to have a picnic and check out the new visitor's center (wich is amazing!) I LOVE my calling!


Even with all of our busy-ness, we have still found time for our sweet, wonderful friends. We were especially excited to see our friends Jeff and Hannah from Idaho! Bryce and Jeff were roomates at BYU-I and we were also in the same married student ward. We were overjoyed to share some Disney magic with them :)
We learned to draw Pluto
Tania's Baby Shower!! We miss the Brunners!

1 comment:

Trena said...

You are the busiest person! You win!! Congrats on the long term sub! Sounds like so much fun.