Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

First (and second and third and fourth) Day of Substitute Teaching

So it's only the 2nd week of school and I lined up 4 days of subbing. I had no idead It would take off like this, but I'm glad it has. I really love it. The classroom is a familiar environment for me, but I still get the variety of going to a new class each day. Yes, some of the kids are crazy, some are brown nosers, and some are just plain mean, but at least it makes the day entertaining :) in addittion to teaching, I have a sweet gig for the next 6 weeks as a CELDT proctor for Garden Grove District. The CELDT (not like you're interested) is the California English Language Development Test and for districts like GG where the student population is 80% English lanuage learners, getting the test administered is a big deal. Basically, I get paid the same for easier work and I don't have to call in everyday. So I feel very fortunate for this opportunity and am excited to get a better feel for the district.


P.S. We're moving! Details to come :)

1 comment:

My Homestead said...

Move here! We are in GG so you will be close to work :)