Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Farewell to Ryan

Today, Ryan left for the MTC. He reports tomorrow. The house already feels weird without him. Ryan is such an amazing kid and he is going to make a great missionary. I'm really grateful for the time I have gotten to know him better. It has been an interesting experience from my end because I don't have any brothers and have never had a sibling leave on a mission. Seeing my brother-in-law get his call, prepare to go, give his farewell talk and then, last night, be set apart as missionary has been extraordinary. It is such a testiment to me of the truthfulness of the gospel. Young men and women all over the world put their lives on hold to share the Gospel with those looking for the truth. It's amazing and all I can say is that Santiago Chile is so lucky to be getting Elder Ricks for 2 whole years!!! We Love You, Ryan!!!


Here are some fun pics of Ryan
Our Wedding
Steph's Wedding

In Church

Snowmobiling in Idaho
Ryan's Court of Honor
Comming out of the Temple
The whole Fam Bam
Farewell Open House

6ft burrito...delish
I'll add this last funny story: I said goodbye to Ryan this morning before I went to work. I gave him a hug and told him to have fun. He told me to have a baby. I told him to start using those missionary prayers....hahaha

2 comments:

Trena said...

I love that a tie can have multiple uses, and I love the burrito! Katie told me Belen had a wonderful time pigging out on the food at his party! And yes, have a baby!! :)

AnneMarie said...

Yes, yes, have a baby!!