First, Bryce got a job! So what if it's only for the next three months! Haha. He'll be doing the job his sister normally does at a tax firm here in Los Al.
From what I understand, it's painfully easy, so yay for saving up a little extra money! He's going to have some rough hours doin his internship and this job, but it will be fine.
Now, before you say to your self "How health concious!" or "How green!" it really has nothing to do with either.
The medical office I work at is across the street from the hospital and there is little to no parking on a regular basis. The little bit of parking this is happens to be two hour parking only. I'm usually there for 3-4 hours so I managed to park there for a while and not get a ticket. However, the ladies I work with ALL got tickets a few weeks ago and have subsequently been getting tickets since. Seeing as I'm not interested in paying any parking tickets, I decided I should try riding my bike (since it's so close) and not have to worry about tickets. We'll, it was a good choice and I have come to love my morning bike ride and I guess it doesn't hurt to be a little more green/ healthy :) But seriously, who makes parking around a hospital and a bunch of medical offices 2 hour ? I guess it's perfect for the patients that come in, but what about the people who work there? I don't get it...
or these
We would be trading in Bryce's truck because we're kinda sick of having two 'big' cars that don't get the best gas mileage. We keep going back and fourth because Bryce still love his truck and all so he came up with what HE thought was the perfect solution... keep both cars and buy one of these...
Now, my dad has a Vespa and I have always loved riding it and I would LOVE to have a new one, but I'm not sure it's practical at this point. Bryce's argument is that he could use it for running errands and little things around town and not have to waste gas in the truck. Also, where ever he goes to school, if we move close enough to campus, he can commute on it. My problem is that our cars are the same age and although they are fine now, they will probably die at the same time down the road. When that day comes, I don't want to be stuck in the position of having to buy 2 new cars and wishing we had saved the money we spent on the Vespa. I don't know, maybe I'm being unreasonable. What do you think?
7 comments:
New car. I don't see what the attraction is to big cars anyway. But all that aside, I think you're right about saving money by getting a new one now and not having to get two at the same time in the future.
We had a new lancer and we LOVED it!! its a super nice/safe/ gas milage friendly car!! Plus is super sporty!! We loved it and i shed a tear whenever we traded it in. I would go for the lancer!!!!
hmmm... new car. Think about your future kiddos... they can't go run errands with dad on the vespa when their little. :) Just throwing it out there.
I think I laughed for 10 hrs when I read "douche" with your comment! LOVE YOU!
Oh, and definitely get the vespa! My votes with Bryce!
I love the Vespa idea, especially for campus stuff, but I would probable wait on that one and do the smaller car right now. 1. Car dealers are dying to sell anything right now, so lots of deals and incentives to be had. 2. Lots of couples in school make it with one car, once you know which school and where you might try the one car thing and sell the other big car and buy a Vespa then. Good luck with the decision making! XOXO
Bryce is stupid... a vespa would be a waste of money! :)
Make sure he has LOOOOTTTTSSS of reading to do at the tax office! and maybe some head phones so he doesnt have to hear dennis going to the bath room every 10 mins! HAve fun its a great job! :)
I asked John what he thought, mostly to see if he agreed with me:D. He did agree w/me, but he thinks if you get rid of one of the bigger cars it should be the Cherokee because "you need a truck for moving your stuff all over the place when you're in school." And he thought that no matter what you decide you should wait on the Vespa until you know where you'll be going 'cause if it's gonna be snowing there it won't always work so well.
Post a Comment